Link Building and PR

Zypherone

Hey guys,

I am trying to do some SEO for my website, but I am struggling to do the link building side of things.

What are your best thoughts on how to approach this?

I also read that link building needs two types of things, back links and social networks... Again anythoughts?

And also how does one check their PR?

Post to article directories, Social bookmarking sites, Blogs, etc. Make sure you submit relevent content i.e If your website is about cars then write blogs, articles on the car industry linking the main keywords to your website pages. Make sure you link the main keywords you want to rank for.

Ping the URLs that you post to i.e. http://technorati.com/ping/

• 3 months later...

Google Page rank is based on back links. Back links are Links pointing to your website from another website. The more back links you have the higher your PR will be, if you can get more back links then you can easily get higher PR. Some ways to get back links:

1. Submit to search engine directories. Search engine directories are a good way to get a free link to your website. They also increase your chances at being listed higher on popular search engines like Google, and overture.

2. Create useful information in your website for you audience and then they will cite your website in other places, this is the key and ultimate way to increase page rank. Google search engine is audience or reader oriented more citation, more contents, more readers then high PR.

3. Links from related websites including Google advertisement will be another great way to increase PR. Gaining links from related websites can be one of the most frustrating tasks you can attempt.

Yeah, a good method may be to offer similar websites a link swap. Try to aim for websites with higher PR than you as well, as I read somewhere 1 website linking to you with a PR of 5 is better than a hundred PR 1s - or something to that affect.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.