Success Stories

cm0226

Success Stories   

Does anyone have any success stories as it relates to new jobs, careers, etc. I would like to hear how you landed the job, how you handled the interview, and what you brought to the table that ultimately got you the job.

Charlie

Networking... that is how I've landed my 2 professional jobs thus far. 

My first job out of college came by talking to a guy that was neighbors with a manager at a large company near me.  He got me in.  I had a 5 year internship under my belt and I was a good fit for the job with the right experience.

My second job came on a suggestion by my brother-in-law for a company he had done some work with as a 3rd party.  I submitted my resume through their website even though they didn't have any jobs posted and it was similar to the job I was already doing, but in a different market.  Again, I had the right skills and talked a good game.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.