please critique my site

amd250

Looks a little confused IMO. Too big a mix of styles and the colors don't really blend well together. It's also very small and cramped. The copyright text on my monitor is tiny and very faint; almost impossible to read.

PDFs are notorious for slowing a half decent computer right down sometimes, perhaps some warning that the calendar is a .pdf link? Or even a page that has like a "Launch PDF calendar", first?

On the positive side the content looks well planned and laid out, it's seems very accessible on a user front - although I think perhaps a thumbnail list would go well?

Behind the scenes though, there's no DOCTYPE and 60 validation errors! The layout is made with tables instead of DIVs and CSS and it's not at all optimized for search engines.

To be honest I think it looks like one of those domain hijack sites and probably would have left before reading anything.

What MrAdam said, tables aren't for layout. They're for tabular data.

• Images are lacking alt text
  • The <font> tag has been deprecated for ages and shouldn't be used. Use CSS to apply font-styling.
  • Menus should be a list <ul><li>
  • If you're going to quote something from the bible making use of <blockquote> would make sense. and <cite>Acts 1.8</cite> for example.
  • http://www.evangelchurch.ws/missions.asp <- Tabular data there, which is put in tables.. which is good.. however theres more to a table than <tr><td>. You may wish to look up the following tags: <caption><col><thead><tbody><th>
  • http://www.evangelchurch.ws/prayer_request.asp Text accompanying a form element should be inside a <labe> tag. (with the for attribute set to the form elements ID)

1: Would "Video and Audio" not do better as a replacement for "Streaming"? Do you think that the majority of the visitors to this website will know what "Streaming" is? Just a thought.

2: I think you should make the blue on the left and the footer fall more in line with the blue on the top nav and right nav.

3: I do like the warm light brown colours.

4: I like the main background.

Pretty ok job. Not too much wrong with it imho.

1: Would "Video and Audio" not do better as a replacement for "Streaming"? Do you think that the majority of the visitors to this website will know what "Streaming" is? Just a thought.

Or even "Media"?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.