[SOLVED] Array, foreach and checkboxes.

zero118

I keep getting an invalid foreach argument here...

case 'move_loc':
				foreach ($_POST[ 'move' ] as $key )
				{
					$update ("UPDATE recert SET location =" . $_POST[ 'location' ] . " WHERE serial =
'$key'");			
				}
			break;

My form uses 'move' as the checkbox names and I am attempting to update multiple rows at one time.  I do not have much experience with foreach so any help is appreciated.

If the operand is not an arrray, then you're going to have an issue with foreach.  Under certain circumstances your $_POST['move'] probably either doesn't exist at all or isn't an array.  My recommendation for a quick examination of this is to use print_r() on the $_POST['move'] variable to understand what's happening better.

Be careful, cause you may want the value of each element of the array rather than the key.  You can obtain the value by adding this to your foreach loop:

foreach ($_POST['move'] as $key => $value)

NOTE - Click "topic solved" bottom left.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.