Please help a newb!!!

romster13

Okay im a total php newb. I always use html and now im lost. I bought a domain name and a host and all the other good stuff to start my site. I got a script for a video uploading and sharing site. Uploaded it by the directions, which very vague. i uploaded the mySQL database correctly and i had no problem logging in to edit my site through the admin panel. I uploaded all the files in the exact matter as they were given to me to my public_html folder as cPanel tells you to. BUT! When i go to my website it tells me that i need to upload my files. But when i manually type index.php which is in my root folder it goes to the correct home page. All the shortcuts, like videos, go to the /videos extention which the site says cant be found. But if i type.php after it, it works fine.

Also whenever I change a page it automatically inserts my site name an extra time and gives me an error.

Ex. Im at mydomain.com/index.php and i click on videos it goes to mydomain.comhttp::/mydomain.com/videos and ect.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

I tried redirecting but it won't work!

Do you have a link we can take a look at?  What scripts are you using?

Am guessing with the "manually type index.php" that you have more than one index page, so remove any index.* that isn't index.php.

Is the /video a folder? If it is, then when you link to /video (so domain.com/video), that folder requires an index page to link to. Otherwise, you will have to specify a direct file link (ie: domain.com/video/file.php).

When I go to that URL I brings me directly to the "Enter" and "Leave" page.  Is that correct?

Assuming it is, when you click on enter you'll notice that it tries to direct you to ..  This most likely means that you have a path issue in your "Enter" link.

yea i fixed the index page

and im just gonna redirect /videos to /videos.php and the same for the other pages

but as far as the enter button im still working on figuring it out

That's good to hear.  I went to your site and it brought me straight to the home page without going through the disclaimer (enter/leave) page.  We also can't help you without and code and proper information.

NOTE - Be advised of Forum DO NOT's #3.

there is no adult material dont worry

and ill be glad to post any code required

i posted my enter button which seems fine

im working on redirecting all my /page to /page.php

thats the only way it seems to work

as in /videos will be redirected to videos.php

this seems to work

I know you're asking an honest question here, but links of that nature are not allowed.  They have been removed.  Please refrain from posting links to stuff like that. 

Doesn't matter that there's no material right now.  crawlers will index it on our site and it will be indexed when you do have content.

here is the string for the enter button

div id="enter">

Enter

looks fine to me

It's syntactically correct, but you should echo it out before that line to ensure it has the correct value.

Seems to me your link, or your variable, should be:

Enter

(relative to your path)

i just want to know how to get www.url.com/page to show my content instead of www.url/page.php

without redirecting

thanks

Sorry, that doesn't make any sense to me.

okay

when im on the index page i click on the login link

it takes me to www.mywebsite.com/login

it tells me that is doesn't exist

but if i type in www.mywebsite.com/login.php it works

i want it to work by just clicking it and me not have to type in .php after

this goes for all links

and it also auto inputs my site nae before the site name

ex. www.mysite.com will turn into http://mysite.comwww.mysite.com and it will give me a 404 error

So you want to rewrite your URL so that it only displays the characters before the ".php"?  That would be a mod_rewrite, which can be found here: mod_rewrite.

ex. www.mysite.com will turn into http://mysite.comwww.mysite.com and it will give me a 404 error

That's a problem with the href that you are creating.  Have you tried any of the previous suggestions?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.