Cron job to open pixels through PHP script?

PeerFly

Hello freaks, I've been having this issue for quite some time. I absolutely cannot solve it with the power of Google alone. I have a small PHP script that launches some 1x1 pixels (images). I've used lynx, wget and curl with cron but even though the script is accessed, the pixels aren't launched. My guess is that it's because those commands don't have image support? I don't know. My latest attempt was this:

curl -s -o /dev/null "script here"

Like I said, I've tried wget and lynx and nothing is launching these pixels. However, if I open the script manually in my browser, the pixels launch so I know it has nothing to do with the actual html.

Any suggestions?

Corbin, in the PHP script I have a few pixels that load when the page loads. Those pixels actually aren't images, but calls to specific URL's. I can't simply load those URL's into the cron because they are dynamic, and their variables are powered by the script. I just need a way to open the page so that the images load (the url's of the images are called).

Perhaps I should have used "loading" instead of "launching."  ;)

Ahhh ok, that makes more sense.  I thought you were trying to execute a pixel as a program lol.

Well, you could do two things....

The easiest way would be to simply modify the script that outputs the URLs to make the requests itself is a certain tag is set.

(Also, by the way, when ever the script is hosted on the same box, unless there's a reason to access it over the internet, you might as well just use the php CLI...  ex:  php /path/to/script.php)

The other way would be to grab the contents of the page with another script, parse out the URLs, then make more requests.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.