recompiling php on fedora

i need to recompile my php to enable support for soap. i didnt do the initial install, so i would love it if someone could walk me through it, because i dont want to mess anything up.. im working with a fedora server. thanks in advance.

phpinfo-

'./configure' '--build=i386-redhat-linux-gnu' '--host=i386-redhat-linux-gnu' '--target=i386-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix=' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/usr/com' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--with-libdir=lib' '--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d' '--disable-debug' '--with-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--without-pear' '--with-bz2' '--with-curl' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-png' '--with-pspell' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-yp' '--enable-wddx' '--with-kerberos' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dio' '--without-mime-magic' '--without-sqlite' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr' '--with-xml' '--with-system-tzdata' '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs' '--without-mysql' '--without-gd' '--without-odbc' '--disable-dom' '--disable-dba' '--without-unixODBC' '--disable-pdo' '--disable-xmlreader' '--disable-xmlwriter' '--disable-json'

haha if i knew i had to be more formal i would have. so sorry about that, and HI EVERYONE. im not a php noob, but im a server admin noob. so if someone could point me in the right direction of how i would recompile php with soap, i would really appreciate it.

or better yet, can i somehow enable soap without recompiling?

i rebooted the entire server, still nothing.

here's the only stuff about soap in php.ini:

[soap]
; Enables or disables WSDL caching feature.
soap.wsdl_cache_enabled=0
; Sets the directory name where SOAP extension will put cache files.
soap.wsdl_cache_dir="/tmp"
; (time to live) Sets the number of second while cached file will be used
; instead of original one.
soap.wsdl_cache_ttl=86400

looks like everything should work, no?

here's my server code again:

its strange because when i do this:

<?php
$soap = new SoapClient("api.wsdl");
echo "poopy";
echo $soap->postCustomerData("xxxx@gmail.com","xxxx","xxxx","http://xxxxxxx.com","07/01/2009","23.345.678","xxxxxxt.","xxxxxxx St.","xxxx","xxxx","xxxxx","USA","xxxxxxx","male","xxxxxx");
?>

"poopy" does not get echoed. however, if i put echo "poopy" before the $soap =... line, it works. what is going on?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.