any alternatives to wamp and xampp

ive been using wamp but i find i think it makes my laptop run really slowly.

so im after a more lightweight bundle.

i came across easyphp was wondering if anyone has ever used it? is it really lightweight? meaning not so much use of system resources.

i know about xampp but am just wondering if there are any other bundles out these that specifically include apache,  mysql, phpmyadmin, php?

cheers all

the spcs are ( i copied and pasted not really sure what was relevant):

Processor Intel Core 2 Duo ( T8100 ) 2.1 GHz

CPU Bus Speed 800 MHz

Motherboard Sony VAIO AR Series

Chipset Intel PM965 Express

ExpressCard Slots 1 x ExpressCard 34 Slot

Memory (Maximum) 3072 MB ( 4096 MB) 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Hard Disk 200 GB ( 1 x 200 GB) 5400 RPM Serial ATA Hard Drive

Graphics Device ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 128 MB Dedicated

Apache and mysql are interrupt driven services. They don't actually do anything unless they receive requests from the TCP/IP stack. They do take up memory, but unless they are actively processing a request, they don't take up any processing time. So, unless you are running a public web server on your laptop or have a hacker/virus that has taken them over and is using them for some purpose, they are probably not responsible for any performance problem.

Have you checked in the Windows Task Manager (ctrl-alt-del) what processes are taking up CPU time and Memory?

The all-in-one packages bundle the web server (a service) + php (a web server language extension), mysql (a service), and php scripts (phpmyadmin is just a php script) and things like mail/ftp servers, other server side languages and modules, and other php scripts and php options. Any package or installing the individual parts will still install the same Apache and mysql servers. Wamp is pretty basic as it is Apache, PHP + PECL (php extensions), SQLitemanager, MySQL, and Phpmyadmin.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.