CSS Cross-Browser Issues

godster

Hi all.

After much hair pulling I have finally been successful in implementing a working sticky footer for the site I am developing.

There are two problems that It still seems to be exhibiting, that are specific to browsers other than IE.

Firstly, in both IE and Firefox, my footer is displaying correctly at the bottom of the visable area, unless there is sufficient content to push this further down the page. In Chrome however, I get blank space underneath the footer where for some reason its not sitting flush with the bottom of the visable screen.

The other isses I seem to have in both Firefox and Chrome is that on my products page (pulling data and image location from the database) I have a floated the image (within the content container) so that it sits to the left of the product description and price. The problem is this float in Firefox and Chrome seems to be positioning the images all over the place and breaking the layout.

Please any suggestions in both respects would be very helpful. Cross compatability is a bit of a nightmare.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.