[SOLVED] No submit button...??

kagedwebdesign

Hi everyone!

In my last post, I finally figured out how to get my php validation to work...but now for some odd reason, with a simple copy and paste of the code, when I try to load the form, I get no submit or reset button...I posted the code below...

<body>
<form action="sendmail.php" method="post" name="contact1">

Name:
<input type="text" name="name" value="" size="20" />
<br />
Email:

<input type="text" name="email" value="" size="20" />
<br />
Age: <select name="age"><option value="none selected">-------------</option>
<option value="18 and Under" selected="selected">18 and Under</option>
<option value="19-30">19-30</option>
<option value="31-50">31-50</option>
<option value="51-70">51-70</option>
<option value="71+">71+</option>
</select>
<br />
What information can you give us about your issue?<br /><textarea name="information" cols="70" rows="7"></textarea><br />
Have you ever made a claim before regarding this issue?
Yes: <input type="radio" name="claimb4" value="Yes"/> No: <input type="radio" name="claimb4" value="No" />
<br />

<br />
Any other relevant information?<br />
<textarea name="message" cols="70" rows="4">
</textarea>
<br />
<!-- RECAPTCHA CODE -->
<?php
require_once('recaptchalib.php');
$publickey = "6LdcSAcAAAAAAO5IR4gH3Vf18xYlwjryleVE3kA3"; // you got this from the signup page
echo recaptcha_get_html($publickey);
?>
<!-- RECAPTCHA CODE END --><br><br />
<input name="submit" type="submit" id="submit" value="Submit" />
<input name="clear" type="reset" id="clear" value="Clear" />

</form>
</body>

if you wnat to take a look at what i'm talking about, go to www.damichigan.com/development/?id=contact

the page isn't live yet, nothing works on it, because I just started building it...any help would be great!!

Thanks!

Kyle

Kaged Web Design

I think you must have missed some of the code when you copied it over. If you look at the source, the last thing there is <!-- RECAPTCHA CODE END -->. Also as thorpe said the markup's messy!

It seems like it's not taking the php code...I doubled checked and I don't have overlapping <html> codes, and I'm not quite sure why the code ends at the RECAPTCHA comment...I removed those comments...and I'm honestly not sure how to clean up my markup...thats how I've always done it...and that could be why I tend to do a lot of trial and error with my websites...:-\

Here's something that might help....

I'm using a php call code to pull all of the pages.  I have the form on it's own thing called contact.php.  I just went in and removed all of the html tags from the contact.php, so that the only tags left are the index.php page's.  The code for everything is still the same.  I think thats what caused the overlapping <html> tags...

Upon removing those, however, the code still will not load...:-\

EDIT:

showing you the php call code may be helpful...i'm really not sure...

<?php
  if ($_GET["id"])
  {
    if (file_exists($_GET["id"] . ".php"))
    {
      include($_GET["id"] . ".php");
    }
    else
    {
      include("error.php");
    }
  }
  else
  {
    include("main.php");
  }
?>

I am officially the dumbest website designer...in the history of the internet.  I never added in the "recaptchalib.php" file...the one that loads the captcha...Now that I added that in, everything appears to load perfectly...

I'm sorry I wasted your time...:-\

Thanks for your help with the code cleanup!

Kyle

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.