#1 ignace

ignace
  • Moderators
  • Now mod flavored
  • 6,431 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:28 PM

Hey

Problem Number 1: I happen to use sometimes the name of functions that already exists like count(), isset(), but change them into Count(), and IsSet() now when I do this I get the problem that the parser tells me that I can not redeclare these functions, does somebody know how I can make functions case sensitive, My server is running on windows, so yes that is my first problem... :D

Problem Number 2: If anybody of you is experienced in security, then please feel free to share your information with me! Or even just tell me things where I need to pay attention to! Because I know that private and public just don't do the trick...

P.S.: English is not my native language, but you already knew that?

#2 hitman6003

hitman6003
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:31 PM

all function names are case insensitive.  Why are you wanting to redefine already existing functions?

For your security question, refer to this thread:

http://www.phpfreaks...c,103005.0.html

Which is only about 10 threads down.  Please at least make the smallest effort to do a search before asking the same question as someone else has a million times before.

#3 ignace

ignace
  • Moderators
  • Now mod flavored
  • 6,431 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:34 PM

effort? I created that word!! And I already readed that topic, check my post!! However your answer is not really on-topic, unless you mean all functions are case insensitive is the best answer you can come up with! I wanna know how I can make it case sensitive! And then why I want to redeclare them? because I use them in OO. And when I want a certain count I don't gonna declare my function as: giveMeTheTotalNumber();

#4 hitman6003

hitman6003
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:40 PM

I wanna know how I can make it case sensitive!

You can't...at least not without core php hacking, and that's a lot of trouble when you can simply rename your functions to something like:

function ignace_isset($var1) {
}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users