Is there anyway google can login?

Orionsbelter

Hello,

i have a login for my homepage, and about 300 pages of content after login, however google can only find two pages login and register thats because they can't login anywhere and even if i gave them a site map they'd get redirected to the login page because they are not logged in.

is there anywhere i can give them a username and password?

so they can login.

You can not send them a user name and password but you can recognize the Google bot (and others that you choose) and let them log in automatically once they visit the site.

AKA cloaking, a technique the big search engines would ban you for. It's explicitly prohibited in Google's webmaster guidelines.

You can not send them a user name and password but you can recognize the Google bot (and others that you choose) and let them log in automatically once they visit the site.

AKA cloaking, a technique the big search engines would ban you for. It's explicitly prohibited in Google's webmaster guidelines.

Yup. Same goes for any other methods that are used to display different content for bots and real visitors.

It really makes no sense in indexing log in protected pages since they are usually not meant for everyone. Ask yourself why you did not let people access these pages without logging in in the first place?

An alternative would be to present parts of the content for anyone / search engine purposes.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.