Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server.

mikelmao

Hello,

When i start apache and go my my webpage it says:

Forbidden  You don't have permission to access / on this server.

im starting apache2 but it keeps giving me the error:

apache error1.PNG

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Note: /etc/apache2/httpd.conf is emty. i dono why but it is. could this be the problem:O?

/var/www shouldn't be your servers document root so I'm really not sure why you have so many files in there.

We need to see any virtual host configs you have. There within /etc/apache2/vhosts (or similar, I'm not at my servers).

theres nothing with vhost in there. only:

apache2.conf

conf.d/

envvars

httpd.conf

mods-available/

mods-enabled/

ports.conf

sites-available/

sites-enabled/

test/

i disabled the virtual host settings in apache2.conf tho. cause otherway i get:

_default_.png

Your current virtual host configs are within sites-enabled. You seem to have a pretty messed up setup though hehe.

I think the main issue seems to be that your trying to use /var/www as your document root, where really it should be something like /var/www/sitename (though that should still work).

Still, we need to see your virtualhost configs.

It looks to me like a web control panel is installed ( webmin ). This can hook in scripts and config files into all sorts of places. It will take a bit of time to weed out all the custom configs webmin put in.

If you use or used a webmin web control panel for your server, I suggest you google an uninstall how-to for webmin/web control panel.

-steve

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.