Where do you get your mail? Organizing my online life...

proggR

I want to create a new email address that will be used for everything from now on. I have a few on the go right now but one is just for MSN, one is for jobs and sales, and another is for everything else.

I've been trying to look for a service that offers as much as possible. I'd like to avoid hotmail or live because I've used them in the past and I just don't want another. I would also like to find one that can be used with MSN or some other service that can also communicate with people using MSN (I use Adium on OSX so anything that would work through that would be good). I know I can register my 3rd party email with MSN to use with MSN so I may just need to do that. Some form of contact/calendar/file syncing would be great as well. I would also need it to work with the iPhone, for at least the mail portion. I'm not sure what that would mean because I've only ever used Gmail with the phone so I haven't looked into whether it needs POP or IMAP or anything else. I basically just want to organize everything as much as possible so I don't have a dozen services on the go at once.

MobileMe looks like it would be a reasonable choice and I'll pay the money if I can't find another service but I'd like to see what other options there are before I default to Apple's service.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking and what you're wanting.... but I use GMail for everything. The filtering/label system makes life so much easier, setting up 5 accounts using POP3 to pull straight to your GMail account, and the ability to use stuff like gmailUsername+keywords@gmail.com to go straight to your inbox (where gmailUsername is your username). For the calendar/contacts you can use Google Sync & user POP or IMAP to download the emails to your phone.

Of course, I'm just a fan of Google.

Of course, I'm just a fan of Google.

I am too. I suppose its probably a better option than MobileMe in the end. I was looking for a different service but I suppose if anyone does cloud anything best its probably going to be Google in the end.

Just curious, does anyone have a MobileMe account? Is it worth the money?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.