[SOLVED] UPDATE Statement not working but returning no errors

TGWSE_GY

Ok guys, I will attach the code below. When this scripts run I have echoed all variables and they return the correct values, however it executes the mysql update query in CASE 0 and returns no errors however it does NOT update the corresponding record in the database. I have ran the query in terminal mode and it works just fine. The mysql database connection info held in config.php is correct and I have no idea why this query is not working.

<?php

//This script will process the updates to the article that is designated by the sectionid passed from the previouse php page in the form.
//Then we will take this and store it into the correct table of the database. Remember we always call our database configuration at the start.

//Get database connectiong config
include('phpcontent/config.php');
$id = $_POST['id'];
$date = date(mdo);

$tblnews = "sndsurf_news";
$tblreviews = "sndsurf_reviews";
$tblradio = "sndsurf_radio";

//Get the entries from the form.
$section = $_POST['section'];
$title = addslashes($_POST['title']);
$new_article = $_POST['article'];
$summary = addslashes($_POST['summary']);

$search = "src=\"http://www.hmtotc.com/dev/projects/VRassoc/jamsmagazine.com/images";
$replace = "src=\"images";

$article = str_replace($search, $replace, $new_article);
$article = addslashes($article);

switch ($section) {
	case 0:
		//News
		mysql_query("UPDATE sndsurf_news SET title='$title', article='$article', summary='$summary', date='$date' WHERE id='$id'") or die(mysql_error()); 
		$sectionid = "edit_news";
		break;
	case 1:
		//Radio
		$tbl = $tblradio;
		mysql_query("INSERT INTO `$tblradio` ( article , date) VALUES ('$article', '$date')") or die(mysql_error()); 
		$sectionid = "edit_radio";
		break;
	case 2:
		//Reviews
		$tbl = $tblreviews;
		mysql_query("INSERT INTO `$tblreviews` ( article , date) VALUES ('$article', '$date')") or die(mysql_error()); 
		$sectionid = "edit_reviews";
		break;
}

header("Location: http://www.hmtotc.com/dev/projects/VRassoc/jamsmagazine.com/admin/classes/forms/maineditor.php?section=edit_news");
?>

Thanks Guys :facewall: :facewall: :facewall: :facewall: :facewall:

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.