Blocked FTP

seventheyejosh

Hello all! I'm finally omw back to college after a 2 year break, looking to cruise through with my newfound programming knowledge... I had my classes set up on only tuesdays and thursdays, with a single big gap on each day, during which i planned a lil homework, and a lot of my freelancing. Problem is, trying today to upload a file, and for that matter connect, I failed... It seems like my FireFTP is being blocked from connecting. I tried using hamachi to establish a secure connection, but to no avail.

Any advice? All i can think of is get a wireless AT&T card...

Also, running OS X.

Also, in before any type of mac / pc banter.

Thanks I'd appreciate any help.

Josh

AT&T wireless cards are retardedly expensive (at least last time I looked like 2 years ago).

Have you asked the college if port 21 is blocked?  If it used to work and it doesn't know, chances are it is blocked, but it might be worth asking.

I don't think there is much I can show. You setup an SVN (or git, mercurial, CVS, etc.) repository. You commit all changes there. On the production server you do a checkout/update or an export of the repository.

If you have experience with version control software you'll know what I mean, otherwise you probably won't. Even if you don't want to use this approach for deployment, I would recommending using some sort of version control regardless.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.