a name not working correctly?

aggrav8d

It's mainly because you are telling it to go the same place again as you have #order_form at the 'add to cart' button.

Where it says this...

<td colspan='2'>Please select from the following list of options:</td>

Make it like...

<td colspan='2'><a href='#order_form'></a>Please select from the following list of options:</td>

Change the image code to...

<input type='image' name='cart' src='addtocart.png' />

Then put somewhere on the page...

if($isset($_POST['cart']){
header('Location: http://polycase.reverb-marketing.com/dc-34f.php#order_form' );
}

How is that going to help?  It's totally screwing up the intent of the buttons.

The TOP add to cart should cause a jump to the BOTTOM add to cart.  There shouldn't be any need for the top one to submit a form and go through PHP and a redirect.

How is that going to help?  It's totally screwing up the intent of the buttons.

The TOP add to cart should cause a jump to the BOTTOM add to cart.  There shouldn't be any need for the top one to submit a form and go through PHP and a redirect.

Sorry, I went about it the wrong way.

Keep the cart image button with the '#order_form' link, but put just underneath the second (bottom) 'add to cart' image button this...

<a name='order_form'></a>

Sorry man, I wasn't thinking straight.

It was there the first time I posted the question.  >:(

<div class='belly_item belly_item_wide add_to_cart'>
      <div class='top'>
        <div class='bottom'>
          <div class='belly_content tall'>
<a name='order_form'></a>
<form action='' method='post'>
<table class='order_options'>

<thead>
  <tr><td colspan='2'>Please select from the following list of options:</td></tr>
</thead>
<tbody>

Any idea why the browser jumps back to the top of the page when I click the "add to cart" button at the top of the page?  It should jump to the bottom and STAY THERE.

The "add to cart" link should ONLY be a <a>. An input tag will screw things up. The browser thinks the form selfs submits so it will jump back up. Next, to make a link move the page's position you need to use an id.

So this is your code:

<a href="#cart_form">Add to Cart</a>

.... down the page

<div id="cart_form">

... cart form

</div>

sawade, I had it both ways at various times.  Neither has worked.

TheFilmGod, the order_form link/achor pair has nothing to do with the input at the bottom that submits the form.  id tags have nothing to do with link/achor pairs.  Please don't drink and post.

sawade, I had it both ways at various times.  Neither has worked.

TheFilmGod, the order_form link/achor pair has nothing to do with the input at the bottom that submits the form.  id tags have nothing to do with link/achor pairs.  Please don't drink and post.

Hmmm.  Okay.  So I decided to see if your code is validating... add well it's not.  You have 122 errors in your code.  These errors could be why it's not working for you.  I will add in the URL which I am hoping will retain your code and it's results.  http://validator.w3.org/check

If it doesn't.  Just copy and paste your code into the validator and it will show you the results again.  Also, I am not positive so double check in your free time.  But I believe XHTML only allows for double quotes.  IE =

<a href='textsample.php'>Site map</a>

would be

<a href="textsample.php">Site map</a>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.