[SOLVED] Help me with this question (Newsletter)

robert_gsfame

I can't put the subject as i don't know exactly how to call this..

Assume that i have created my own career site, then user (job seeker) named "JAMES" should check at least one type of career that they wish to get in the future...

and let say several companies have posted their vacancies related to what JAMES has chosen before..how does the newsletter regarding those vacancies automatically sent to JAMES??

Is it manually sent by the owner of the site or automatically sent??

If it's automatically sent, then how they do it?? please explain it to me

Thank you in advance  :confused:

Actually  i have my site and i wish to inform all members about new products offered automatically so that i don't need to put more efforts in sending manually this newsletter or using bulk mailer which is usually known as SPAM..(i have a thousand members and this must be hard to do this manually and also wasting my time)

Please help me about this...where can i learn those things....?

Sorry man but it seriously sounds like you haven't a clue. Maybe you would be better of hiring someone who does?

This board is for help with problematic code, not really the place to ask people to program entire solutions for you.

You need to write a script that executes a query, emailing the results to the related users. You then schedule this script to be executed at specific intervals via cron.

The whole thing can likely be done without php at all but I won't get into that.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.