Will this speed up my Site if i fix?

Gayner

Honestly, will it actually speed it up by that much that's it's noticable or just ignore it? cause my whole forum works fine just wondering, Be honest, Thanks:

:(

oii4g.jpg

Btw this is all Notice: Undefined property: info::$lang in /home/gtcom/public_html/forums/index.php on line 135

Notice: Use of undefined constant ba_edit - assumed 'ba_edit' in /home/gtcom/public_html/forums/lang/en/lang_global.php on line 134'.s....

To be honest, that many notices is slowing your php processing times, but its probably not enough to make a massive impact.

My personal opinion though is that if your application creates that many notices, its obviously not very well written.

To be honest, that many notices is slowing your php processing times, but its probably not enough to make a massive impact.

My personal opinion though is that if your application creates that many notices, its obviously not very well written.

Well... it's 24-7GT.com, if u would like to see my forum..

I guess i will have to fix all error's most of it is in my lang_xx.php were the stuff doesn't have a ' and ' before and after..

but yea -.-

Another problem with that many bogus notices/warnings is that you should have error logging turned on so that you collect information about real problems that occur so that you can find and fix them. If you were filling up the error log with hundreds of lines on each page request, you would never be able to find out any information about actual problems.

Code should not generate notices/warning/errors during its' normal execution, only for abnormal conditions that occur such as input validation that passes perfectly valid input but that generates a query error or a when a hacker feeds your script all kinds of unexpected input in an attempt to break in or overload your database server to shut down your site. You would want a record of these things so that you know what, when, and where something unexpected is happening.

Another problem with that many bogus notices/warnings is that you should have error logging turned on so that you collect information about real problems that occur so that you can find and fix them. If you were filling up the error log with hundreds of lines on each page request, you would never be able to find out any information about actual problems.

Code should not generate notices/warning/errors during its' normal execution, only for abnormal conditions that occur such as input validation that passes perfectly valid input but that generates a query error or a when a hacker feeds your script all kinds of unexpected input in an attempt to break in or overload your database server to shut down your site. You would want a record of these things so that you know what, when, and where something unexpected is happening.

'

True.. i need to clean this up fast... before i hit the production line here..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.