#1 Xil3

Xil3
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 03:36 AM

Let me know what you guys think of my website listed below:

http://www.calgaryads.ca

I'm trying to improve it constantly, but at the same time keeping it as simple as possible. So, any advice or constructive criticism is appreciated.

Xil3

#2 Ricklord

Ricklord
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:07 AM

Hi,

Just wanted to say i like the site very simple and easy to follow.

My concerns >
> It is very white and although this is gives you a simple look i think it can be to simple just my opinion.

> Lack of information, I don't know exactly what the site does. I gather it allows people to advertise things for free by the looks of it, but i would want to know more detail about why i should use you rather than someone else.

> Apart from that its a nice straightforward site.

Rick

#3 Zeniors.com

Zeniors.com
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:34 PM

Hello.

Personally, I am a BIG fan of simple, clean websites. Your site is very easy to navigate but it is too white.

If you add a dotted outline around the left nav, it would look a bit nicer. And as Rick states, you may want to add a brief paragraph stating the obvious (ex. Welcome to our site. We offer free classifieds... and so on). I see that you have added a welcome line but maybe you can add a little more wording and make it a short paragraph.

Regards,
Zeeshan M.

Zeniors Hosting - www.zeniors.com
Great hosting at an affordable price!

Forum members should ask for a 50% discount.

#4 steviewdr

steviewdr
  • Moderators
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 13 August 2006 - 04:02 PM

A few things:

1. Containment - it currently seems fragmented. The navigation is way up in the top right. The logo is on its own on the left. Try putting a border around the website and nav.
2. Your Nav menu is too subtle - and it doesnt look like html links. The nav and on the left also - just looks like ordinary text. Change the <a href to a nice colour.
3. You may have potential sql attacks with urls such as http://www.calgaryad...n.php?catsort=g'

-steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users