IS This calling all rows or just specified one's?

Gayner

You're fetching data from every row, because you have no limiting where clause, thus it calls all the rows.

The "COUNT(p.pid) as tpost, m.id, m.name, m.joined, m.posts, m.desktop" are columns (except for COUNT( ), but the p.pid is a column) in your database, not rows.

You're fetching data from every row, because you have no limiting where clause, thus it calls all the rows.

The "COUNT(p.pid) as tpost, m.id, m.name, m.joined, m.posts, m.desktop" are columns (except for COUNT( ), but the p.pid is a column) in your database, not rows.

So, thanks for ur reply but is there anyway I dont call everything in ibf_members and just what i need thx?

I think you may have the terms row and column confused.

A row holds is a set of data, based off of what the columns specify the data should look like. You're telling to to return certain columns (not all of them), but since there is no limiting clause (where, joins, etc) it will return the selected columns but for all the rows.

I think you may have the terms row and column confused.

A row holds is a set of data, based off of what the columns specify the data should look like. You're telling to to return certain columns (not all of them), but since there is no limiting clause (where, joins, etc) it will return the selected columns but for all the rows.

So t hen I should LIMIT it to like 10

because about 10 m.'s ?

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.