New opinions and ideas.

Xtremer360

http://www.kansasoutlawwrestling.com

I had someone make this but months ago and I don't think I really like it now to be honest and main thing is those belts in the top right hand corner. Those aren't even the ones we are going to use. We thought we were but we have custom made belts and I just don't like pics of them there now anyways. And our shopzone isn't going to be big enough yet so we really don't need a link to it after all. I think I need a new layout made with that same logo.

Hi,

My first (and probably only) impressions are:

Lose that entry page - this is a big no-no, it serves absolutly no purpose and just wastes users time (without going into the ins and out regarding the SEO and search engine response to such pages)

Once into the web (having wasted time clicking on the "enter" button), that background image is very unnerving (maybe that was the point)

Give your web a title! - there is no title tag... in fact, there is no header info at all!!! (<html>, <head>, <title> etc.)

The submenu that appears when you mouseover the main menu then disapears again into the red background as you mouseover the links - having them change to red on a red background is not very user friendly ;)

I should probably stop there....

You say that you "had someone make this" - I hope you didn't pay for it!

I would say that the belt images are the least of your problems :(

Sorry if my comments are harsh, but you did ask ;)

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

Entry Page -- No no no no. It's a burden to click that every time, just make a link inside the main site to the forums.

Home Page has no title....which isn't a required thing, but it sure does look nice when you title your pages.

I don't like the background image. It's too distracting for me.

Try changing up the type faces so that there's some more variation in fonts.

In terms of content, there's virtually nothing.

I don't get it, why isn't the page just there, why is it in an iFrame?

Oh my! This syntax and tag organization is terrible! (No offense to you, but I shall have to execute the coder :) ) There is no <html>, <head>, or <title> tags. That is bad. Not only does it go against HTML's syntax rules, it also is probably terrible for engines like Google or Yahoo!...

Of course, the page doesn't validate, though there are less errors than I expected... >.> <.<

Broken shopzone link...

The belts clash with the everything.

Sorry for being harsh, but it's a critique. I don't suggest using the coder ever, ever again taking into account the terrible syntax and lack of flow.

- Cetanu

Well, judging by the results of the current one, I would suggest anyone that a) knows what they're doing, and b) is not the last guy. The two go hand in hand.

It should be too hard, I am a web designer, as are most of all the people on this forum. Just ask around. :P If not, put an ad somewhere. >.>

Well, judging by the results of the current one, I would suggest anyone that a) knows what they're doing, and b) is not the last guy. The two go hand in hand.

It should be too hard, I am a web designer, as are most of all the people on this forum. Just ask around. :P If not, put an ad somewhere. >.>

I sent you a friend request on yahoo to possibly talk more about it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.