Tutorial section

Ikram

There are tutorials on the main site.

http://www.phpfreaks.com/tutorials

Yeh sure, there are a limited amount of tutorials located there but how can members teach there own content related to PHP or whatever, i personally think there should be a board where users can submit there own tutorials and other members can actually learn new things.

Regards,

Ikram

There are tutorials on the main site.

http://www.phpfreaks.com/tutorials

Yeh sure, there are a limited amount of tutorials located there but how can members teach there own content related to PHP or whatever, i personally think there should be a board where users can submit there own tutorials and other members can actually learn new things.

Regards,

Ikram

Ikram,

Anyone can write tutorials and submit them to the tutorial section.  The moderation group simply reviews them for correctness, but that's a minor hurdle in most cases.

I'm sorry, gizmola, but that is currently not true. The only people who are allowed to submit tutorials are administrators, moderators, PHP Freaks Recommended, gurus, and alumni staff.

A while ago we allowed regular members to do that as an experiment, but we dropped it again due to lack of interest.

Right, we don't "officially" do it, but it's not like we dropped it due to it being too much trouble or whatever.  As you said, dropped due to lack of interest.  Maybe we should further discuss internally, but if there's interest, then I personally have no problem with reviewing and posting a user submitted tutorial, if it meets the criteria/standards/whatever, and the user agrees to the terms of having it posted.  TBH I think a lot of the "lack of interest" was our own fault, for numerous reasons. Virtually no publicizing of it on the main site and no "recognition" on the forums to name a few.

So to make a long story short Ikram, the current "official" way to post tutorials around here is to be active and get yourself promoted to at least guru status.  Then you will be able to go submit and have tutorials posted.  But I just want to remind you, as mentioned in PM the other day, we will not post random tutorials about java or other random languages, regardless of how good they may be.  This is a php focused site. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.