[SOLVED] Have you seen this web site, php course in english please.

redarrow

Advance thank you.

Hi there all, as you no i study php all day and everyday, to understand most aspects off php

i am always looking for new lessons and metals and come across this Russian web site that offers php lessons on cd, but i need the cd in english.

Russian web site translated in English.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://php-mysql-video.ru/&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%25D0%2592%2B%25D1%2581%25D0%25B5%25D0%25B3%25D0%25BE%25D0%25B4%25D0%25BD%25D1%258F%25D1%2588%25D0%25BD%25D0%25B5%25D0%25BC%2B%25D1%2583%25D1%2580%25D0%25BE%25D0%25BA%25D0%25B5%2B%25D0%25BC%25D1%258B%2B%25D1%2581%25D0%25BE%25D0%25B7%25D0%25B4%25D0%25B0%25D0%25B4%25D0%25B8%25D0%25BC%2B%25D0%25BA%25D1%2580%25D0%25B0%25D1%2581%25D0%25B8%25D0%25B2%25D1%2583%25D1%258E%2B%25D1%2584%25D0%25BE%25D1%2580%25D0%25BC%25D1%2583%2B%25D0%25B4%25D0%25BB%25D1%258F%2B%25D1%2580%25D0%25B5%25D0%25B3%25D0%25B8%25D1%2581%25D1%2582%25D1%2580%25D0%25B0%25D1%2586%25D0%25B8%25D0%25B8%2B%25D0%25BD%25D0%25B0%2B%25D1%2581%25D0%25B0%25D0%25B9%25D1%2582%25D0%25B5.%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&usg=ALkJrhge-DShPBrM8lPMqXukQLCWzZWGmA

Have you got any idea if the cd can be in English or offered in English cheers.

i got loads off php and mysql lessons on dvd but not this one in English any idea please!

i got the Russian version off the cd, but it not English and i  can translate the web pages to view throw goolge and other apps.

but i can not translate the man talking on the cd in English from Russian......

the course it self looks more advance then the English titles i got......

Dan,  i got the cd  but it in Russian, and looks grate dan, but i need to translate in English,

lol not a scam looks like it Theo lol.

If anybody comes across this php mysql Russian tutorial in English then please pm me looks powerful stuff.

cheers.

remember i got the Russian one, and it looks grate, but i can not understand the man because he Russian and i am English lol.

if you are Russian and can convert all the tutorial in English ill be happy but that wont happen.

is there such program that can translate Russian voice to English anyone no?

So true just going mad .....

Dan where did you get all your tutorials to help you design all your php applications please.

example.

creating the following.

a forum

a blog

a booking service

ect ect ect.

i can create the above easly but how are you suppose to learn without the metals.

there no books on creating projects with php.

ive looked everywhere for this type off book's  cd tutorials.

WHERE CAN I GET LOADS, OFF PHP TUTORIALS TO CRATE PROJECTS WITH PHP!

You're talking a completely wrong approach on learning, and I guess that's why you don't seem to progress very fast (sorry if you're offended by this, but it's how I perceive things).

You don't need a tutorial for "how to create a forum/blog/booking service". You need to be able to decompose a large problem into smaller problems, you need to learn how to think abstractly, you need to learn how to solve problems - you need to learn how to program!

Try to go to your local university's web site and find their computer science courses. What kind of courses do you see? You won't find any "how to create a forum" courses, but you might find courses on algorithms, cryptology, compiler theory, etc.

It is in itself rather uninteresting how you specifically create a forum.

Take this problem from Project Euler for instance. Nobody cares what the 10001st prime number is, but the task of writing a program that quickly calculates would train you in programming techniques. You could try to start solving Project Euler problems. They're great fun, and I assure you that you quickly will find some that are challenging.

Maybe you need to transcend the stage of reading boring books covering rudimentary things like PHP's syntax and start reading books at a more general and/or theoretical level. How about The Pragmatic Programmer by Hunt and Thomas, or Design Patterns by Gamma et al. ("Gang of Four")? Maybe PHP Objects, Patterns, and Practice by Zandstra if you still want something that's related to PHP. How about all of them?

Here is something for you to consider: If you're studying computer science (and when you've graduated), it's expected that you can teach yourself a language in a few days and start using it to solve real problems. How is that even possible? Well, it's because the theory, the mindset and your analytical skills are the things that matter. Learning the syntax of a programming language is easy.

Well, you can watch 10000 hours of videos, but you still will not become a programmer. You become a PHP programming by programming in PHP. It's that simple. Skills come from experience.

:qft:

As that saying goes, 'repetition is the mother of all skill' (just hope that you don't repeat bad coding habits  :P).

so sorry dan can you link them books to amazon please ill get them now i agree with you and yes love reading cheers.

and i am not wasting your time or advice and thanks mate.

need as much help as possible thank you.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pragmatic-Programmer-Andrew-Hunt/dp/020161622X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1253825256&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Design-patterns-elements-reusable-object-oriented/dp/0201633612/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1253825272&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PHP-Objects-Patterns-Practice-2nd/dp/1590599098/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1253825293&sr=1-1

But remember, skills do NOT come from just reading. You need to practice as well.

I use three amazing sources

http://php.net/

http://www.google.com.au/

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/

See, when I forget a function, I go to the first one. When I want something new, I go to the second, and when I don't know what I want, I go to the third, which tells me what I want, so I can go to the second.

Seriously though, you can't rely on tutorials for everything. You never learn how to do anything for yourself. Half of PHP coding is know what skill to use where. If you don't know how to recognize which peice of code to use, or know how to search for a new skill and then build upon that, then you'll have a much much harder time doing these projects

Well i have ordered the books, another £50 odd ,some used dose not matter.

I do get the drift of php programming, but i seem to drift from one thing to another, as i guess everybody see me doing on the help forum.

I just want to be as good as most professional programmers on phpfreak, like you dan and thorpe and others!

Where see how it goes with the books when they arrive.

Will show examples off work on help forum.

Cheers mate for your grate support.

Not giving up no way.

ps. There to many programmers i love on php to mention, no one get offended for no mention names, you all have been there for me. and grate  help and programmers.

You probably just need to stop searching for resources about PHP and start searching for resources about programming in general. There are so many concepts that are universally applicable to programming (regardless of language choice) that they aren't written for a particular language.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.