[SOLVED] Is it illigal, to advise someone of somethink, to help them?

redarrow

Advance thank you.

I was currently going to do some heavy reading, and create a php project to help others with depression, and give advice on how to help them.

i was going to re search medical reports, form the net, and get the best information in getting people well with depression, and advice them in the same way?

is it illegal?

((would i need to publish the medical person i got the information from?

if someone got depressed looking at the web site, thinking that be nice to do but can not, and took there own life, is the web site liable in any way?

interesting......

It depends on how you do it and where you live. Depending on how severe the depression is, receiving bad advice may be fatal so it's best that the treatment is handled by a medical professional. I would imagine that many places you're not allowed to act as a psychiatrist if you don't have some sort of license. Gathering resources about depression or discussing depression wouldn't be illegal, but I would imagine that you could get in trouble some places if you make a "come to me and get free advice on depression" kind of web site. I guess it would also depend on your Terms of Service on the web site, but you also need to consider that a contract clause is not necessarily enforceable and especially not if it contradicts the law.

You should always consult a lawyer if you need legal advice though. First of all, the law is different in all countries so asking on an online forum isn't ideal. People answering here might also be misinformed; they may think that the law is in a particular way because it seems logical to them, or they may talk based on past experience while the law has been changed in the meantime. It would be unfortunate if you get in trouble because of bad advice on the internet. "Some dude on the internet told me that..." isn't going to cut it in a court room.

thank you dan for your positive reply,

unfortunately this kind on web site project, i thort of would be dependent on medical advice and involve independent solicitors which cost to much.

If i put together a depression website that show all the in and outs, i understand that fine to a point.

but let be very honest, after getting loads of traffic and proper customers, i am going to add a

consultation for the depressed people  for subscription/hour rate advice needing help...

unfortunately i am no doctor/psychologist so no, can not be done.

but i could still create, the project but there no inspiration when it can not be used, unless a doctor or psychologist approach me for this type of web site.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.