Creative Wordpress Use Cretique

CarbonCopy

I built this for a client and it is already live, but I would appreciate any advice anyone has.

Here is stuff that has already been suggested but he just won't listen to:

* Major design changes

* Color changes

* Removing the background music player

http://hype-records.com/

The entire site is wordpress, themes only for most of it (Shopping cart required extra files, no additions to the base code though

You need to preload the menu hover image, or use a css sprite. On first hover, the background was plain white, and because the text is white I see nothing.

Is there a reason why you had to use Wordpress? There isn't even a blog.

People constantly overuse word press.

First thing I notice is that the footer is fixed, and displays over content on the page when you are first viewing it. Make it so that it is actually at the bottom of the page, rather than fixed at the bottom of the browser.

The spacing on the site needs some work, as consistent spacing is key to allowing users to take in the content of the page.

Typography needs some work, use one font for headings and another for body content.

It's not a bad design, but it needs a lot of work to achieve a decent design.

He had originally asked for a fixed footer (Fixed to the window), but I'll bring it up at the next meeting. Changing fonts seems like a good idea, I'll just go ahead and change them.

I am using a css sprite, but I guess it isn't preloading properly. I'll check it out, thanks.

And why am I using WordPress? Because I had no choice. That is what the client insisted on. It does have benefits of being secure and community maintained, and we use the admin panel to manage the site.

WHY THE HELL DOES the music start playing automatically? I am virtually a fan of every music genre, but when your trashy hip-hop music started playing I had to leave. It's not as much as the poor quality of music - but that you had the nerve to make the music play automatically. - AT least let me turn it off if I want to!

LOL. That is the one thing i disliked. At least you didn't have to spend hours listening to it while you developed the site. I tried to convince the client to let me have an option to disable music, but no luck.

I once did a video editing project for a customer, and I listened to the background music so many times, it gave me brain damage. I really don't listen to music much anymore, so for me it was an especially terrible experience.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.