PHP code for saving a directory link in a mysql table - Help Please

tylrwb

This works

$link = "content/".$picture;

I wanted to put these in a directory related to the pic so i havae done this

$link = "content/".$directory"/".$picture;

this does not work i get a error on the screen. i have tried a couple of things and they produce errors. What am i doing wrong - Im stuck.

If it's giving errors it would be awefully helpfull if you included them rather than make us guess. But in your code your not concatinating the string properly as you have $directory"/", these are two seperate strings and should be one of these...

$link = "content/".$directory."/".$picture;

// or

$link = "content/"."$directory/".$picture;

Sorry I am in one place and the work i am doing is in another and did not have that information at the time.

It will not be untill later when i can implement this to make sure it works, but many thanks for the help. There is still alot i do not know yet - i guess.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.