Prolly belongs somewhere else...

seventheyejosh

So here is my issue. I'm using a foreach loop to output divs emulating table rows. It is working great, except there is a little artifact character and I have no clue why! The page source shows a square, and the rendered page has a box with letters and numbers in it. I have no clue where to look or what to google for this, as I can't see any reason for it, other than maybe there is an extra bit being output by my foreach? I'll attach the shots. And point at it in both with my mouse.

Thanks, Josh.

Note: never has this happened to me, and I've been doing this for a while now. :(

[attachment deleted by admin]

I suggest writing the data from the database to a file and looking at it in a hex editor to see if it's really there.

My first guess is that the encoding on the page and the encoding of the data don't match.

What's the code echoing out the data, what charset does the browser think it is, and what charset is the MySQL table?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.