IP question

Tuck

I don't understand your question,

I assume by global IP you mean remote IP and by local to each other I assume you mean from the same ISP..

your best bet is you lookup one of the IP's and check what ISP it is registered to then then check the Range of IP's that ISP has and then look at the second IP and check its in the same range (or registered to same ISP)

I don't understand your question,

I assume by global IP you mean remote IP and by local to each other I assume you mean from the same ISP..

your best bet is you lookup one of the IP's and check what ISP it is registered to then then check the Range of IP's that ISP has and then look at the second IP and check its in the same range (or registered to same ISP)

could you show me an example i have no idea how to get isp :/

Go to any up look up site and it should give you the details you need

for example using http://www.dnsstuff.com

IP: 66.97.171.5

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois/?tool_id=66&token=&toolhandler_redirect=0&ip=66.97.171.5

returns

Marlin eSourcing Solutions MARLIN (NET-66-97-160-0-1)

66.97.160.0 - 66.97.191.255

The Web Freaks, INC / Server Powered, LLC SERVERPOWERED-NET (NET-66-97-171-0-1)

66.97.171.0 - 66.97.171.255

So "Marlin eSourcing Solutions" owns the IP's from 66.97.160.1 to  66.97.191.254

Go to any up look up site and it should give you the details you need

for example using http://www.dnsstuff.com

IP: 66.97.171.5

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois/?tool_id=66&token=&toolhandler_redirect=0&ip=66.97.171.5

returns

Marlin eSourcing Solutions MARLIN (NET-66-97-160-0-1)

66.97.160.0 - 66.97.191.255

The Web Freaks, INC / Server Powered, LLC SERVERPOWERED-NET (NET-66-97-171-0-1)

66.97.171.0 - 66.97.171.255

So "Marlin eSourcing Solutions" owns the IP's from 66.97.160.1 to  66.97.191.254

won't this only show if the isp owns that ip :/

I suppose you could geolocate them, convert the longitude and latitude to cartesian x,y,z then use pythag to get the distance?

aren't there a gd esier way to see if the 2 ips come from the same house and share local intnernet -.-

Well if they come from the same house then I'll assume they have either the same IP or have a Dynamic IP from the same ISP, either way my previous suggestion will work..

if 1 house has 2 ISP connections then you won't be able to map them to the same house via only the IP,

I think you really need to say what your trying to do.. as i said at the start i don't understand what your really asking

Also, most home users have Dynamic IPs. Although they don't change often, they do change.

i save stuff via ip but a friend of mine his isp resets his ip everyday 1:40AM ..

and ive seen so many addons and games that detect if 2 players is on same local network to make them unable to help each other..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.