error: Looping an Insert Into mysql

Colton.Wagner

I am tryin to loop the same number into a databas 17659 times but with the following code:

<?php

error_reporting(E_ALL);
$con = mysql_connect('localhost', 'root', '');
   if (!$con) {
      die('Connection Error:' . mysql_error());
   }
mysql_select_db('catgories', $con);

for($i=0;$i<=17659;$i++)
{
$query="INSERT INTO categories(`products_id`,`categories_id`) select $i,categories_id from categories"; 
mysql_query($query) or trigger_error("SQL: $query, ERROR: ", E_USER_ERROR);
}
?>

However I get the following error:

Fatal error: SQL: INSERT INTO categories ('products_id'. 'categories_id') VALUES ('', '18'), ERROR: in H:\Xampp\xampplite\htdocs\categories.php on line 13

This is the second thread you've started on this problem. The trigger error has . mysql_error() missing from it (as I forgot to include it originally in your last thread) so we can't actually see why the query failed. But as was mentioned in the last thread, theres a good change it doesn't like the '' for an auto increment field nor the single quotes around an integer value. Not to mention the fact that the error message your showing us is nothing todo with that code, since the last line is set to echo out $query, and the string in your error message doesn't match the value of $query.

<?php

error_reporting(E_ALL);
$con = mysql_connect('localhost', 'root', '');
   if (!$con) {
      die('Connection Error:' . mysql_error());
   }
mysql_select_db('catgories', $con);

for($i=0;$i<=17659;$i++)
{
$query="INSERT INTO categories(products_id, categories_id) select $i,categories_id from categories"; 
mysql_query($query) or trigger_error("SQL: $query, ERROR: ", E_USER_ERROR);
}
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.