.htaccess question

Gamerz

Pattern matches that you capture (ie, are found within ()) show up within $1, $2, $3 etc etc

From what you have given us its pretty hard to tell what you want to match. Should the file param within http://www.domain.com/downloads/test/test_secret_09.php?file= point to 09 given your example?

Your rule would be something like....

RewriteRule ^downloads/files/downloads/([^/]+) /downloads/test/test.php?file=$1 [NC]

Depends on the context. $1 and $i are both variable names. $1 is used by regular expressions to represent a pattern set in the rewrite rule for example $1 would represent the pattern matched by the pattern inside the first set of parentheses (), $2 would match the contents of the second set etc etc. To my knowledge $i cannot be used in a .htaccess file, but my knowledge is limited so I could be wrong.

Edit: D'oh

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.