IE 6 Hover / Z-index killing me!

sw9

Hi everyone,

I have an issue just with my site in IE 6. The site is http://greenaffordable.org. The 'Chicagoland Resources' menu is the issue. If you try to type in the search box, the menu pops up and won't let you type into it. However, notice that if you roll over the big image that's behind the Chicagoland resources menu, it doesn't pop up. I'm trying to figure out what I've done wrong for the hover menu to come up in the search box area. It should only come up when you roll over 'Chicagoland Resources'.

I have been trying to fix this for more than 3 hours with no luck. I'm ripping my hair out! If anyone can give me any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them! This works fine in IE 7 & 8.

thanks so much in advance!

If you NEED to have IE6 work you can't do this without some kinda special filter - but on IE7+ and all other modern browsers you can use a png with semi-transparency instead of absolute positioning over semi-transparent div. Just my two cent. I don't know what's causing this issue. Is this also happening in FF and Chrome?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.