ABM website submission

ABM

You have to scroll over to view all the products in the "Computer Systems" link.

From the "Computer Systems" link, when you click on many of the view product options the "spec" column is to narrow.

http://adroitbusinessmachines.com/ComputerSystems.aspx#cat=28

There's a lot of annoying ads that right now most likely won't generate any revenue.  I would suggest removing them , until you have a big traffic base, since they really don't bring anything positive to the table and just eat up real estate, page-load time, and my patience.

IMO, the site isn't bad, just a few minor tweaks.

Thank you for the quick reply.  I removed the adds at the bottom of the pages.  I will look into how to resolve some of the other problems tommorow.  I am getting a bit tired so I guess it is time to call it a night. 

Thanks again for the help,

The first thing I notice when viewing the homepage, is all of the links in the navigation...then all the links under it. Maybe try to compact it down a bit, so there isn't too much stuff for the navigation.

- The computer systems page...with the drop downs. That could be improved. As I have looked at all of the drop down menus there, and there are only like 1-3 options other than the 'View Product' option. It would look better if you have links instead of these, and make the boxes slightly bigger. It would make for much easier finding of specific things.

- CSS. I would have had a look at your CSS, had you not have four different CSS files in the source code...why not just have one or maybe two...not four.

- Validation. 76 errors.

Not a bad concept for the design, but still needs a lot of work.

OK, I did get rid of some of the links at the bottom of the page.  Considering maybe switching to an overlay for the computer systems... not quite sure what i want to do there.  The dropdowns I really was hoping to keep, as my product line grows that will be filled in.  The CSS i have to look into as I use a WYSIWYG editor and some of the CSS is part of that. But overall I will clean it up some, I have been really busy lately so bare with me.

Thank you so much for the constructive criticism, it is greatly appreciated!

i love the header but the rest of the page is very standard.

I added a background image.  Do you think that helps or not?

i was thinking along the lines of some boxes around text and/or bgcolors for headings. small but powerful details.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.