CRM?

proggR

I think that's what they're called. Customer Management System? Anyway. Is there any good free ones I could give a try? I was going to script one but what I want it for was confusing me when I was trying to normalize my database. I suppose that a CRM may not be the best idea though because it wouldn't be tailored to what I need.

Anyway. If anyone knows any good services that'd be really helpful. I'll keep planning my database in the mean time. Maybe I'll think of an efficient way to handle everything.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I would recommend OpenCRX(Java) or SugarCRM(PHP).

I've dealt with OpenCRX a bit and I think it's very nice.  Fully customizable and great support/documentation.  The only thing is if you haven't used XSLT before than I suggest to stay away.  The java pushes out XML which is transformed into HTML by the XSL sheets.  Another plus is that it's under the BSD license.

Haven't used SugarCRM but I heard decent things about it.  Hmm sugar used to be free but apparently now it may cost money.

Thanks. I've stumbled across sugar but opencrx is new so that's good. I'm looking for something for a hosting company to manage all the accounts and associate virtual servers. I was thinking about scripting it myself and then I could licence the scripts to other new hosting startups. It was a thought. It'll be a while before I do it either way.

Thanks. I've stumbled across sugar but opencrx is new so that's good. I'm looking for something for a hosting company to manage all the accounts and associate virtual servers. I was thinking about scripting it myself and then I could licence the scripts to other new hosting startups. It was a thought. It'll be a while before I do it either way.

In that case, you may want to check out http://www.salesforce.com/.  They host everything on their cloud.  Which has its pros and cons.  Worth checking out IMO.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.