My New Website

lkbolt

It's a good and simple design, but it needs a bit of iimproving...

- Validation. Your CSS is valid, but you have 86 errors for the markup validation. Do not really display that you have valid xhtml when you don't.

- Creative Commons License...

/*
Template Design by TheWebhub.com
http://www.thewebhub.com
Released for free under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Philippines
*/

Surely there should be a visible link on your pages to the license? Also, if you post it in here without saying it was a template...it's technially claiming it as your own work. (As not everyone would look at your CSS code to see it has a creative commons license.

-Typography. I can only see 'Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif' in one line of code for the 'body'. It makes the page look like it uses all the same font family. Maybe mix it up a little by using a different font for headings and another font for body text. I think the line height is too big, and should me moved to 21px...but that is just my opinion for line height.

Here are some general things...

- It looks odd with the straight white background, and then the roundness of the header and footer...maybe make that rounded as well.

- There is no real need to display the amount of visitors on your page, as it makes it look tacky. Also...why tell the visitor their IP address?

- Give some style to your contact form...it's plain and boring at the moment. You can also create a nice looking form with divs rather than tables, but either way is fine.

I hope this has helped you in some way.

Aside from the template, I would expect a lightning bolt in there somewhere ;).  You have a 12 year old company an no logo?  If you do, your branding should really be on your website.  I read through most content because I am also in the IT business and it seems to be leaning away from a professional feel.  While I certainly respect your service, I doubt clients want to hear about your personal history.  I think you have to take more of a business approach rather than sounding like a one man squad, unless this is really what you are after.

The site isn't bad and describes what you do, but lacks polish that makes me feel confidence.  I know this is somewhat comparing apples to oranges, but take a look at the geeksquad website.. http://www.geeksquad.com/  Same market, just on a different scale.

Thanks for the responses.  I appreciate the critique.  It is a template I am going to incorporate on the main page a list all the resources that I am using within the website IE(template hub, abyss webserver, PHP and a few other free resources.  I just like to show the ip because it is also the source of my counter beside it.  The company is not 12 years old that is just my experience.  The company is only 2 weeks old.  Thanks again...

I have made a few changes to the footer.  I got rid of the Valid xhtml and Valid CSS icons even though the site CSS was Valid.  I have included a link to the template designer and a couple of other links and images for the web server and php.  Thanks again..

I have rounded the corners on the white background and i do think it looks better.  I also didn't notice or read the other post with the geeksquad link.  I am a one man show right.  I am now where geeksquad was 10-12 years ago a start-up.  They also have a team of professional web designers and about 50 million a year bigger budget than I have right now.  Please give me any new updates changes things like that if you have a font type suggestion for the site what font's do people enjoying reading.  I am planning on incorporating a Lightning Bolt into the header I have a friend of mine who is a graphic design artist who is working on it for me now. Thanks again...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.