Listing Table Names.. Please Help

eugene2009

Hey, is it possible to list all the table names in a database on an html page?

For example:

Database Name: Cars

Table Names:

-BMW

-Mercedes

-Volkswagen

-Ford

-Volvo

How do I have it generate that list automatically if I add new tables later on?

For example:

Database Name: Cars

Table Names:

-BMW

-Mercedes

-Volkswagen

-Ford

-Volvo

In my post to provide the answer, I neglected to say: "This does NOT look like a good design."  However, without knowing why it was designed that way, or if, in fact, this was just an example pulled from the air, to explain the question, I did not condemn it immediately.

@eugene2009

If this is the design of your database, you may need to re-think it.  If you'd like us to review the design and provide insight, you may want to start a new topic.  If you are working on an admin-type page to let you review databases, tables, and data (as I have done on occasion), you might want to look at the SHOW and DESCRIBE commands of mySql.  They can provide much information about the database and it's contents.

Good Luck!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.