[SOLVED] is there a way to detect on a password form a hack attempt, or pressing submit

silverglade

hi, is there a way to detect on a password form a hack attempt, or pressing submit alot? i was thinking i could write a script that detects how many times the submit button was pressed on my form. other than that i cant think of a way to detect hack attempts. any help greatly appreciated. thank you. derek.

Detecting "hack" attempts is a pretty broad topic, but for your specific case (IE detecting multiple login attempts) you could have a session store how many times they fail to log in (or a cookie if you want, but it would be mroe secure with a session) You could also use abazoskibs idea of storing the ip address.

true, but its slightly better than a cookie, which they can simply change by going to its file or using a javascript injection. at least they have to close and reopen the browser haha. might deter the lazy hacker. I would probably go with some sort of database option like abazoskib said

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.