Website Update please review and give suggestions thanks..

lkbolt

It's really hard to comment on something that looks so plain. There is content that is going outside the content area in Firefox on Mac. I think you need more images, or some sort of design that makes me want to stay. I always think you have 5 seconds (or less) to keep somebody on your site. Spice it up a bit!

On the right side, where it says "Lightning Bolt Technology on facebook", the work "on" is off in the grey background area. Right now I'm in Ubuntu (Linux) Firefox, and the problem is the same as on the Mac. Can't give you a screenshot, but my description is accurate.

• 3 months later...

I feel like this thread has been here a while and no ones really critiqued.

text effects on the banner text. The white blends in.

Im not a fan of the white padding on #wrapper. I think it would look better if the banner & footer met the gray.

Icons are pixelated

Links need to have some text IMO

5 errors in css

222 errors in html

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lightbolttech.com%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

needs a fav icon

I like the general layout though. Just keep tweakin things till you are happy.

The navigation isn't clear enough in my opinion. At a quick glance the icons won't immediately be obvious what they mean to less-experienced internet users; especially since they're pixelated - use PNG image format for transparency instead. Hovering over them does display the title text but there's a brief delay in which the user could have skimmed over. The navigation should be as simple and straight forward as possible, especially if you're selling IT services.

The design itself is fairly plain as others have mentioned. The shades of blue you are using remind me of the default anchor colour and the lighting bolt just looks thrown in there from Google images. There's inconsistent spacing between elements so everything looks slightly out of place. Perhaps throw in some varied colours, look into typography, clean up the spacing, etc. Also I'd suggest looking at other websites that use a lighting bolt in the design, to see how you can better blend it in without it looking so constraint. Perhaps placing a very subtle picture of lightning in the background (not stretched or repeated though) would work better?

Functionality wise, it's pretty straight forward.. But is custom Google search really needed for 4 pages?

Hope this helps.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.