[SOLVED] help with a query

isedeasy

I have a query that needs to multiple a number of clicks with a constant (defined earlier on) and store it in the row. This is what I have...

define ( "PPC", 0.01);

mysql_query("UPDATE deals SET earnings=".PPC."*clicks WHERE id='$id'") or die(mysql_error());

The column 'earnings' is a DECIMAL(3,2)

When ever this query is ran I get the value 9.99 in the earnings column. I am sure its something simple I am overlooking but its starting to frustrate me.

Cheers for any help

DECIMAL columns in MySQL 5.1 do not allow values larger than the range implied by the column definition. For example, a DECIMAL(3,0) column supports a range of -999 to 999. A DECIMAL(M,D) column allows at most M - D digits to the left of the decimal point. This is not compatible with applications relying on older versions of MySQL that allowed storing an extra digit in lieu of a + sign.

The above should explain what's happening clearly, to fix just increase your DECIMAL(M,D) to what you need.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.