link active?

merylvingien

Hi fellas, is there a way to check if a site links to mine using php?

Ive done a few searches but nothing really stands out as being straightfoward.

I have a section where people can link to thier sites from mine, but i really dont want to have to manually validate every link to see if they are playing nicley. I was wondering if i can use php to go and check if they have actually put a link to my site and if so it activates thier link to thier site!

All you need to do is grab the HTML source of their page using file_get_contents or cURL, then search it to see if it contains your link. Something as simple as strpos could be used for that. Of course a system that simple will only work if it's a single page site. To expand the criteria you would have to recursively traverse their site searching for your URL.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.