Newer than new newbie

techie

If only I had known how much fun coding was when I was in school... I would have changed my major.  I have sort of stumbled into programming.  4 years ago, my job needed someone to log all of the jobs we had ever done (construction) into a spread sheet.  So, I learned how to use excel.  Next, my boss had an excel workbook so huge, that if he tried to add a new worksheet, it would crash.  So, I learned to use Access.  The off the shelf program didn't quite do it for me, so I bought a book on VBA dedicated to Access.  That is when it got good to me.  I didn't really know what I was doing, but I had a lot of fun turning that enormous workbook into a database.  Fast forward a little.  Our "marketing" person hired someone who hired her brother to create our website.  It took way too long, and was way too expensive.  So... I borrowed a book on HTML from our local public library.  Then I needed a book on CSS.  Then I needed a book on Javascript.  Now I'm half way through a book on PHP... which reminds me, I need to renew the checkout on it.  I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm really enjoying it.  I look forward to asking questions that will show my ignorance, and look forward to learning from you who have gone before.  Thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.