Suggestions For Server Overload!

glenelkins

Hi

I need some suggestions. We have a tracking system that queries the database to grab a redirect url. But, its all crashing all the time now because the system is taking way to many hits at one time. Like millions of queries all needed at once!

Is there a better method for this? Would something like XML work better?

Thanks

"Millions" of queries all "at once" and you're only just now running into problems? There are dozens (if not more) of factors which come into play and you've not provided much information at all.  Profile your system, find out where the problems lie then perhaps we can help with more focused discussions.

hi

The issue is im being employed as the new developer to remake the application that is already in place.  I have had no access to the system as of yet, so I cannot diagnose anything personally. ALl i have to go by is what I am told.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.