Minihobbs Website Design

lostprophetpunk

Ain't too bad! Not sure how it will look when it's full screen though, think that background might get a bit much. Also I think for the style of the design the main text paragraphs are a little too neat / small. The navigation lacks any kind of artistic touch in comparison to other, less-important elements on the page. The footer links also look quite spaced out and hidden away. The 'what can i do for you' text looks quite lost compared to the 'about the author' text, which in truth should be the opposite way round -- you want to make it more seen what you can give them.

Overall it's a good start, just think it has a few areas that could be improved.

One of the few photo manipulations I have tried to create

Woah, go easy on the over confidence there (I know sarcasm is low).

This is not the only line on the site that says "I have no confidence" in myself though.  You may be new at this but nobody wants somebody without any experience.  Get rid of "First Vector Art" straight away.  Art is subjective, I don't need to know that you have not been doing vector art for 25 years!  If I like it I'll want you work for me unless you put doubt in my mind by telling me that it is your first attempt.

I happen to like your layout. 

What can I do for you?

I have a suggestion for this section...

Unique web design and art work. - stand out.

The internet is a busy place.  Unique, eye catching, stylish web design helps you to stand out from the crowd.

Matt Hobbs is an experienced Web designer and digital artist.  He is easy to work with and has been described as 'a breath of fresh air' by one client.  Matt  can provide you with inspiration, or work with your own ideas to produce artwork or a website that you will be proud to have in your email signature!

It's rough and needs work, but you get the idea.  Sell yourself. Nobody else will. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.