Social Media as a Form of Advertising / Reaching out to customers

stublackett

Hi Guys,

Just looking at options for advertising / keeping customers interested in my company. Trying to measure up the Pro's and Cons and what you'd have to do to keep people interested / purchase products.

In terms of twitter / facebook news, How often would you need to update the news, what sort of news would you need to post on there?

For SEO, is it worth posting your realtime twitter status on your website too?

Its all brand new to me, So if anyone can provide advice / tips / Links or anything of the sort it would be much appreciated.

Hi Guys,

Just looking at options for advertising / keeping customers interested in my company. Trying to measure up the Pro's and Cons and what you'd have to do to keep people interested / purchase products.

In terms of twitter / facebook news, How often would you need to update the news, what sort of news would you need to post on there?

For SEO, is it worth posting your realtime twitter status on your website too?

Its all brand new to me, So if anyone can provide advice / tips / Links or anything of the sort it would be much appreciated.

I don't think that there are any hard and fast rules one could give you.  It depends on what your business is, who your intended audience is, what your competition is doing, etc.

I think it would be a wise move to poll your current customer base with these sort of things.  Their feedback would be invaluable.  Questions like:

Would you like to follow us online?

Do you prefer e-mail updates, or following people/entities on Facebook and/or Twitter?

How often do you use social media sites?

etc.

Why would customers want to know what you are doing via twitter or by adding you as a friend on facebook? I don't think customers would want to know if you have just gotten out of the shower or want to see your holiday snaps!

Just looking at options for advertising / keeping customers interested in my company.

Why not create an RSS news feed on your website that users can bookmark or send weekly newsletters to subscribers, etc..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.