Redirecting to keep my scripts safe.

EsOne

I have someone that wants me to write a basic script for his page. The page it will be on in his server will consist of only the script I am writing.

Is there a way (and if so, how?) to make it where the .php file stays on my server, but works on his page on his server? This will make sure none of the script gets altered, or copied.

Yes, there are probably ways you can do this...but I think it would be unnecessary.

What are you worried about exactly?  The security of your code?

There are applications where you give him encrypted source code (ioncube is the first that comes to mind).

Now if you are just worrying about the guy being a retard and overwriting your script, you could set up a cron to push your script to his site nightly? 

I think that maybe the solution you're asking for isn't the best for your problem.

I have someone that wants me to write a basic script for his page. The page it will be on in his server will consist of only the script I am writing.

Is there a way (and if so, how?) to make it where the .php file stays on my server, but works on his page on his server? This will make sure none of the script gets altered, or copied.

Yes,  you can place your page.php file for example in /secure/page.php (on your server) and on his server include it on theirs:

<?php
include('http://www.your_domain.com/secure/page.php');
?>

Note fopen and allow_url_include must be on in php.ini to allow this.

Yes,  you can place your page.php file for example in /secure/page.php (on your server) and on his server include it on theirs:

<?php
include('http://www.your_domain.com/secure/page.php');
?>

Note fopen and allow_url_include must be on in php.ini to allow this.

Thanks AGAIN oni. xD

Now, I just need to find out how to do the second part of your recommendation.

Including a script from a remote location like that will only include the output of the script. Its not the same as having the script on the local server.

As long as the output goes onto the persons page is all I need.

It is very easy script.

I want the output from my script on my server to show on his webpage without having my script on his server.

I was thinking the include would work, but I am not sure on how to change the php.ini file, as 1. I cannot find it, and 2. I don't know what I add. (Newer to php)

I am guessing I would just type:

fopen = on

allow_url_include = on

But, I don't know. I need help.

Thanks ^_^

I see why it didn't want to work the first time I tried. I had to name it php5.ini

Anyways. I added what you said and now get the following error:

Warning: include() [function.include]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/content/e/s/o/esone/html/test/test.php on line 2

Warning: include(http://dolphinmania.pandaandpenguin/secure/index.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/content/e/s/o/esone/html/test/test.php on line 2

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://dolphinmania.pandaandpenguin/secure/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/e/s/o/esone/html/test/test.php on line 2

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.