Linkpoint cc processing help

jrobles

I am trying to insert the form data before I post the form to the linkpoint site. I tried making the action="" then set the header location to the linkpoint site after the data is entered into the but i get headers already sent errors.

if (!isset($_POST['Submit']))
{echo"
<form action='' method='post'>
blah
blah
blah
</form>";}
else
{INSERT blah into blah;
header("Location: www.linkpointcentral.com/blah/blah ")
} 

How can I insert into my db before the form is posted to the linkpoint url?

You're not supposed to output ANY data before sending another header. Make sure there is no echo statement or whitespace before the opening <?php tag. If you must use the header after outputting data to the browser, than put this at the top of your code, ob_start

<?php
ob_start(); //Start output buffer

This will fix the headers already sent error, but should be seen as a bandaid rather than a solution.

Thanks for the help, I figured out a work-around that happy with. The form action is set to "". When the user submits the form the data is entered then a confirmation shows where the user can doublecheck their info then hit submit. The second form sends the data to the payment gateway.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.