Application form in PHP

tersmi

Hello all,

I realize you may all get this often on this website, and I apologize for adding to the noise, but I'm in need of some coding help.  I'm more used to working in ASP.NET (though I'm by no means an expert there either), but I've recently acquired a client who has signed on with HostPapa, a host that works in PHP.  I've been able to find and set up an email form, but now I'm looking to add an application form.  Does anyone have any thoughts?  Suggestions?  Is this something a novice like myself can build?  Please let me know your thoughts.

Terry

Does anyone have any thoughts?  Suggestions?

Without trying to sound too harsh, have you thought of letting the client know that you know as little as them and that maybe they should hire someone who knows what they are doing?

Hello all,

I realize you may all get this often on this website, and I apologize for adding to the noise, but I'm in need of some coding help.  I'm more used to working in ASP.NET (though I'm by no means an expert there either), but I've recently acquired a client who has signed on with HostPapa, a host that works in PHP.  I've been able to find and set up an email form, but now I'm looking to add an application form.  Does anyone have any thoughts?  Suggestions?  Is this something a novice like myself can build?  Please let me know your thoughts.

Terry

if u dont mind can u explain in more detail abt the type of app that u want to build... :P

Hello all,

Terry

And e-mail form makes sense, But what do you mean by application form? What is the application needing to perform or make use of? As it seems you know not much of PHP I'd recommend you don't stress yourself on such a project with no knowledge on how to do it, like Thorpe said..

hello again and thanks for your considerate comments.  Yes I have informed the clients of my lacking knowledge of PHP, but the site is not completely PHP, just this one form.  They have asked me to push through.

The form is acutally to be an application form, as in to apply for something.  In this case it's a questionaire to qualify possible customers for real estate assistance.  I have a number of questions, some yes/no questions, the rest would be text-based answers.  At completion, I'd like this form to be emailed to the business owners.  I'm aware this may be too complicated for a first-timer like myself, and am willing to subcontract the labour on this forum, but that is why I'm searching out the details of creating the form.  If anyone has any suggestions for alternative methods for creating a form (non-PHP options) I'd be glad to hear them.

Thanks again,

Terry

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.