Identify a user without IP or Cookies

x-Boy

I wonder how to identify a user even in they change ip, many of the users in europe got dynamic IP, and every user with a basic knowledge know that they can change IP by restarting the router.

I need a way to identify a user by another method, first I thought detecting about the user movment patterns and typing speed, but its not accurate at all, thought about associate the browser, screen res, os, isp. but also we got the same problem, and dont even think about cookies (My 6 years old brother knows how to delete cookies).

Sould be a way to detect something like MAC address, or another unique value that could help us to identify a user without IP or Cookies

I also needed the same solution. The best way, for pure PHP is to get the users IP and also their ISP name and authenticate from that, but seeing as how alot of people have dynamic ips and this information is easily spoofed its not very foolproof. One suggestion that I have seen is using flash cookies. For an average user they will usually have no clue how to clear those cookies. Either way its up to you. Hope I've provided you with a little bit of information.

Edit: Woops, stated the dynamic IP thing and what not like you did :P sorry had another thread on my mind lol. Wish their was an easier way to do this in PHP. :(

thorpe and oni-kun you two are terribly wrong, every developer knows that related to a computer, every thing is possible, the thing is to find the way. :P

Think it this way, if god/universe is a couple of physics rules and random numbers you can create a function (called god), do you know something more complex than god? lets call it GodAPP and we could base a religion on that fact. and we gonna have a lot of people just like us developing hypothesis to explain the nature of our creation and why it works like that, and other people simply saying that the results of our god function are not true without any base, other people developing statistics to try to retrieve our random values and maths functions to get the exact result they need to operate their creations.

In this case there are a lot of ways to do what we need... a lot of them, just use the creativity. Don't say "We can't", but say instead "How we can?" (The nature of a developer is to investigate)  ;)

thorpe and oni-kun you two are terribly wrong, every developer knows that related to a computer, every thing is possible, the thing is to find the way. :P

Think it this way, if god/universe is a couple of physics rules and random numbers you can create a function (called god), do you know something more complex than god? lets call it GodAPP and we could base a religion on that fact. and we gonna have a lot of people just like us developing hypothesis to explain the nature of our creation and why it works like that, and other people simply saying that the results of our god function are not true without any base, other people developing statistics to try to retrieve our random values and maths functions to get the exact result they need to operate their creations.

In this case there are a lot of ways to do what we need... a lot of them, just use the creativity. Don't say "We can't", but say instead "How we can?" (The nature of a developer is to investigate)  ;)

hi with no disregard.If u can found any solution (any code or any suggestive method)that would be more benefited instead of these things..

as per the thing of recognizing an user there is no possible way of finding it out, coz the mac address of the user is related to the local Lan network..

so u cannot get it out along with the IP address.

Like already said without IP it's not possible and I think you are looking for this (detect ip-change)

session_start();
ini_set('session.gc_maxlifetime', 1800);
if (!isset($_SESSION['ip_address'])) {
    $_SESSION['ip_address'] = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
}

if ($_SESSION['ip_address'] !== $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']) {
    echo 'ip changed.';
}

You can use cookies aswell altough I prefer sessions.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.