PHP Form Mail Not Received

Hey everyone, I'm trying to create some forms for my father's website for his company. The forms are created but I am trying to get them to send using PHP. My father has GoDaddy hosting which allows you to enter an e-mail address for any forms on the website to go to. The only problem is that I am already using that for a separate form on the site so I have had to create a new PHP file. Going into this I knew absolutely nothing about PHP and I'm struggling to figure this out.

I found an example PHP mail script online that I modeled my file after. It will send e-mails to my personal Live e-mail address and to my university's MS Exchange e-mail address, although that one didn't always work. My father's company uses MS Exchange as well and they are not receiving anything I send to them during my testing. I have been looking online forever but nothing is working. I found some website that talked about my issue and mentioned something with php.ini files. The code I put in, which the website suggested, was:

[mail function]
; Setup for Linux systems
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t
sendmail_from = donotreply@foo.com 

That is the only code in the php.ini file I created. The server has PHP 4 and is a Linux server. Here's the code for the forms:

<?php
$to = "clg897@foo.com, christopher.ganim@foo.edu" ;
$from = "donotreply@foo.com \r\n" ;
$name = $_REQUEST['EmployerName'] ;
$headers = "From: $from \r\n";
$company = $_REQUEST['EmployerCompany'];
$subject = "Online Request - Add New Employee (" . $company . ")";

$senderemail = $_REQUEST['EmployerEmail'] ;

$fields = array();
$fields{"EmployerName"} = "Employer Name";
$fields{"EmployerCompany"} = "Employer Company";
$fields{"EmployerEmail"} = "Employer Email";
$fields{"EmployerPhone"} = "Employer Phone";
$fields{"EmployeeName"} = "Employee Name";
$fields{"EmployeeStreetAddress"} = "Employee Address";
$fields{"EmployeeCity"} = "Employee City";
$fields{"EmployeeState"} = "Employee State";
$fields{"EmployeeZip"} = "Employee Zip";
$fields{"EmployeeSSN"} = "Employee SSN";
$fields{"EmployeeDOB"} = "Employee DOB";
$fields{"EmployeeBusinessPhone"} = "Employee Business Phone";
$fields{"EmployeeHomePhone"} = "Employee Home Phone";
$fields{"EmployeeEmail"} = "Employee Email";
$fields{"EmployeeStartDate"} = "Employee Start Date";
$fields{"EmployeeSalary"} = "Employee Salary";
$fields{"EmployeeTitle"} = "Employee Title";
$fields{"EmployeeCovStatus"} = "Employee Coverage Status";
$fields{"Comments"} = "Comments";

$body = "The following information was submitted by " . $name . " (" . $senderemail . ") using our online form:\n\n"; foreach($fields as $a => $b){ $body .= sprintf("%20s: %s\n",$b,$_REQUEST[$a]); }

$headers2 = "From: $from \r\n";
$subject2 = "Add New Employee Request Received";
$autoreply = "Thank you for your online submission. This e-mail is automatically generated to confirm that we have received the information you provided online. A copy of what you have submitted is below.\n\nPlease do not reply to this e-mail. If you have any questions or find any mistakes, please call the Ganim Group at (203) 335-0851 or go to http://www.ganimgroup.com/contactus.html.\n\n"; ; foreach($fields as $a => $b){ $autoreply .= sprintf("%20s: %s\n",$b,$_REQUEST[$a]); }

if($from == '') {print "You have not entered an email, please go back and try again";}
else {

$send = mail($to, $subject, $body, $headers);
$send2 = mail($senderemail, $subject2, $autoreply, $headers2);
if($send)
{header( "Location: http://www.foo.com" );}
else
{print "There was an error processing your request. If this is the first time you have encountered this error, please try again. Otherwise, contact the Ganim Group at (203) 335-0851. We are sorry for the inconvenience."; }
}
?> 

Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been trying to figure this out forever.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.