Not getting email, redirecting to php code

chelmich

I admit, I have never done php before but I am trying.  I have a VERY simple form. . .

2 questions, 3 possible responses to each question (radio buttons).  I would eventually like to send this info to a database but for now I will settle for an email that is legible.

I used the simple "mailto" function in the form and got the email but as you know it is hard to read so I tried my hand at php. . .

My problem lies in that when I test the form but hitting the "submit" button, I get a page that shows all of my php coding.  I thought it was me so I downloaded a trial version of a php code writing software.  Guess what, same thing.

Is this a server issue?  I spoke with the man in charge of the server and he said it did support php.  I have never dealt with servers so I don't know where to go from here.

Thank you.

Almost all servers require the PHP code to be:

[*]Within <?php ?> tags

[*]Within a .php exension, NOT .html

Also, It'd be much easier if you show us your current code you're working on in case you're making some obvious errors (this is a fairly straightforward project you're doing, so it's most likely an error there), just place them within

tags.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.